Job Demand Analysis
Presented by: Lyndsey Swart
CPD Points: 8
Venue: Centurion Golf Estate
Please, see our double course special: Job Demand Analysis & Recapping the value of the VALPAR work samples for R3700
Job analysis forms an essential component of the vocational rehabilitation process. In terms of the Employment Equity Act, all assessment and accommodation of workers must be done in relation to the inherent job requirements. This workshop will show you how to conduct a comprehensive and legally defensible job analysis that will form the essential structures for your Funct Capp Evaluations’s and facilitate your vocational rehabilitation interventions.
A snippet on what you will learn:
- How to identify the demands of work
- What are the inherent parts of the job
- Categorising and framing the physical and cognitive demands to find the demands that are essential to make that person perform efficiency
- How to build a library of jobs
- Building more than just a job description, separating essential and non-essential. This will allow an OT to analyse what the historical demands place on normal and injured
Why I should do this:
- Design a rehabilitation program
- Build a library of the jobs in the factory of the demands
- Assist Human resources with prescreening criteria for jobs
- Establish an advance job demand to injured people
- Define the difference between injured or handicapped job demand and standardised job demand
- Refine accommodations to limitations
Short Description of Lyndsey Swart
Lyndsey is an occupational therapist in the fields of occupational health and vocational rehabilitation. She is employed in the occupational health unit at Smit Thorius & Odendaal Inc., a large private practice of physio- and occupational therapists. She also holds a part-time appointment as lecturer at the University of Pretoria where she presents vocational rehabilitation and labour law, both at an undergraduate and a post-graduate level.
- OT (Wits) – 1985
- Masters in OT – (Free State University) – 1995
- Post Graduate Diploma in Vocational Rehabilitation with distinction (UP) – 1998
- Certificate in Advanced Labour Law (UNISA) – 1999
- Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (UCT) – 2017.
- Member of the drafting team for the Code of Good Practice on the Employment of People with Disabilities, which is appended to the Employment Equity Act.
- Graduate member of Saiosh (South African Institute of Occupational Health and Safety).
If you’d like us to contact you with more information please call us or fill in the form below